Correctly disposing batteries is the first step in the process of Battery Recycling. Here are some guidelines to help you properly dispose batteries:
- Know about the local laws and directives regarding battery disposal policies.
- Button Batteries should be disposed at Hazardous Waste Collection Sites.
- Similarly, rechargeable Lead-Acid or Nickel Cadmium Batteries should also be disposed at household Hazardous Waste Collection Sites.
- Lithium or Lithium Ion Batteries can be dropped off at nearby Battery Recycling Centers.
- Small to Large Businesses can partner up with local recycling centers to dispose batteries in bulk.
- Car batteries can be dropped off at the retailer for recycling. (Most of the time with some reimbursement)
- E-Waste Collection Centers also are good drop off centers.