How to dispose batteries properly?
It is important to manage and dispose batteries properly so as to protect the environment from the negative effects!
Correctly disposing batteries is the first step in the process of Battery Recycling. Here are some guidelines to help you properly dispose batteries:
- Know about the local laws and directives regarding battery disposal policies.
- Button Batteries should be disposed at Hazardous Waste Collection Sites.
- Similarly, rechargeable Lead-Acid or Nickel Cadmium Batteries should also be disposed at household Hazardous Waste Collection Sites.
- Lithium or Lithium Ion Batteries can be dropped off at nearby Battery Recycling Centers.
- Small to Large Businesses can partner up with local recycling centers to dispose batteries in bulk.
- Car batteries can be dropped off at the retailer for recycling. (Most of the time with some reimbursement)
- E-Waste Collection Centers also are good drop off centers.