What are the impacts of greenhouse gases?
Greenhouse Gases, in controlled quantities, are supposed to result in the greenhouse effect which enables comfortable sustenance of life on this planet. But accelerated and increased rate at which greenhouse gases are being released into the atmosphere have several direct and indirect impacts. All these impacts are interlinked or connected.
Some of these impacts are:
- Increased Air Pollution
- Global Warming
- Climate Change
- Melting of Polar Ice Caps
These impacts have several adverse consequences on the environment and all its ecosystems. Some of these consequences are:
- Rising sea levels due to global warming
- Frequent Flooding of islands and coastal cities due to rising sea levels and climate changes
- Migration of Species as climate change and global warming directly affect their habitat
- Decrease in the quality of the agricultural produce due to global warming and climate change.