Where can water from rainwater harvesting be used?
A great amount of water can be saved using various methods of Rainwater Harvesting. Generally, rainwater is clean but it can come into contact with debris, micro-organisms and other pollutants in the process of harvesting.
There are several applications for the water collected and stored depending on the different methods of rainwater harvesting used. Some of these applications are listed as follows:
- For drinking and cooking
- For bathing and laundry
- For flushing and cleaning Purposes
- For watering plants, gardens etc
- For fire suppression systems
- For process of composting
- For pets, livestock etc
- For recharging of borewell systems