Which types of plastic waste are there in the ocean?
Plastic waste can be found in all corners of this planet including the oceans. Plastic waste and pollutants pose are serious threat to the aquatic flaura and fauna.
Oceans are riddled with all types of plastic waste such as:
- PET – Polyethylene Terephthalalte
- HDPE – High Density Polyethylene
- LDPE – Low Density Polyethylene
- PVC – Polyvinyl Chloride
- PP – Polypropylene
- PS – Polystyrene
- Others – Polycarbonate, ABS, etc.
Some most commonly known plastic wastes that are found in the oceans are:
- Cigarette filters
- Shopping Bags
- Plastic Bottles
- Plastic Bottle Caps
- Stirring Sticks
- Styrofoam cups, dishes
- Plastic food containers
- Packaging materials and many more